IN SEARCH OF WOR(L)DS are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love the English language and want to create an attractive platform for all the like-minded people from all walks of life – general public as well as students – who would like to listen to, experience, practice, test their knowledge, maintain, improve and apply the language etc. *)
We work in cooperation with experts from fields such as journalism, technology and engineering, nature sciences, social studies as well everyday practical fields of study. The sessions are held at the premises of Jihlava College of Polytechnics under the auspices of the British Council, Gymnazium Jihlava, Jihlava Astronomical Society and Jihlava Muzeum. Our activities are aimed at those who feel the need to broaden their horizons and explore new wor(l)ds with us, for “languages are not merely other words but also other worlds!“
*) Check all that applies :- )
- Meetings are completely informal.
- The project consists of a short lecture or introduction (40 – 45 min) and room for communication of workshops etc.
- The project is mainly about live communication, however you may choose to be a passive listener.
- “English only policy” isn’t necessary.
- There will be a teacher help available (eg. with speaking, asking questions etc.).
- Do you think your grammar is not great? And are you afraid to speak ? Don’t worry. Only a few people speak without mistakes.